Deadline for Applications: NOW CLOSED.
Many thanks for amazing response. We will respond on interviews asp.
Experienced and imaginative electronic musician / live programmer/ sound designer required to design, structure and arrange field recordings and linguistic material as well as process live vocals for a predominantly vocal/verbal durational performance.
This new work is part of a cycle of performances created by writer and lead artist Caroline Bergvall with collaborators since 2016. Multisensory and site-specific compositions will draw on spoken voice, various musical traditions, multilingual field recordings, and will be inspired by the need to redefine or reclaim one’s own identities, so acute in today’s political climate.
Please find here info about an ongoing connected work: http://carolinebergvall.com/work/ragadawn/
Initially this would be working towards a premiere in Autumn 2019, followed by a tour during Spring/Summer 2020.
- Programme, edit and arrange multiple voice recordings of spoken conversations
- Develop a live performance system which includes the use of pre recorded tracks as well as live elements and live processing of voices
- Keyboard accompaniment during rehearsals of scores created by other composers as part of the project
- Experience of live processing
- Fluent use of necessary processing softwares and/or coding for live use
- Experience of multi-channel work
- An understanding of how to deliver this work in collaboration with a sound engineer
- Interest in algorithmic structures, generative live work
- Musical literacy and basic keyboard skills
- An artistic approach to creating exploratory soundscapes or abstract beat structures
- Interest in language, language politics and speech as sound source
- Experience of spatialising sound structures in temporary site specific environment
Team residency: Spring 2019
Rehearsals: Summer 2019
Premiere Performance: Autumn 2019
Tour: Spring/Summer 2020
Fee: Negotiable. Included for all aspects of the work and to be discussed at interview.
How to apply:
Please send a brief statement of interest, along with bio and relevant links.
Interviews to be held: over Skype or in person in London 19-22 November 2018.
Please send to:
Deadline: 2 November 2018
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact:
Project Manager Michaela Freeman